The Chatel Domains boast 47 ski slopes of which 6 are classified black, 14, red, 17 blue and 10 green and collectively they represent 83km in length. Several free buses take you to the slopes. Our reception team will be delighted to indicate the routes best adapted to your requirements.
- Ski school: In either group or individual lessons, or as a complete course for both children and adults
- Children: toboggan course, ski lessons.
- Themed pathways: Fun and educational with the environment as the theme, the fauna and the flora of our mountains
- Snake sliding: Come and share a hilarious experience with the family or friends, by descending the mountain on a toboggan train from Pré la Joux to Chatel when the ski slopes are closed.
FOR THE TIMOROUS
- High mountain: The proximity of the Valais Alps and the the Mont Blanc range enables you to go high up into the mountains. Specialist guides propose a collection of different activities; accompanied skiing off the 'authorised' slopes, heliski, ski hiking, ice water falls, climbing, glacier walking with crampons or climbing on the most beautiful summits situated at an altitude of between 3000 and 4000 meters.
- Free ride: Make the most of the huge virgin spaces
- Snow park, rails, kickers, slide box, hips, boarder cross are all waiting for you in the Smoothpark in Super-Chatel, freestyle for beginners or the already initiated.
FOR A CHANGE
- Night skiing: Every Thursday evening from 19h30 to 21h30 on the slopes of the illuminated Linga stadium with its sound effects.
- Body board: Imagine lying on your front on a air cushion just above the snow.
- Yooner: Sitting just 20cm off the ground, in a snow go-kart this new innovation is an invitation to slide
- Ski Tour: A combination of off slope skiing with occasional slight ascensions on foot. This takes place on the Chesery, Vorlaz, les Mines d'Or, le Grand Paradis.
- Fishing under the ice on Vonnes lake.
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE WALKING
- Rackets and walking: The Abondance and Morgins valley ski stations propose more than 80km of prepared and signed paths for you to discover the winter nature in all its beauty.
- Nordic domain : Three ski stations, one domain....
- Abondance, La Chapelle d'Abondance and Chatel unite to propose a Nordic domain of over 40km along the banks of the Dranse.
- On the Val d'Abondance Nordic domain you will find: 7 ski walking paths, 8 Nordic itineries (ski walking, hiking and racket walking) an initiation track, a fun activity area and a firing range for the biathlon.
- In Chatel, 4 installations of the ski domain are open to those on foot or lovers of racket walking, enabling you to easily reach various secured and sign posted Nordic routes
- Children: Shows on Fridays, wooden horse roundabout, les "mouflets" child minding center, paint and wood cutting workshops, amusing games and snow track games (La Chatelaine hall)
- Little Train: The little train proposes a complete tour of the village, its streets, its majestic mountain style chalets
- Ice rink and curling rink: The synthetic ice rink of Chatel where all the family can have fun, either by day or at night under the illumination light show as the rink is also open in the evenings.
- Curling: Place the granite stones as close as possible to the pin and enjoy this 'bowling on synthetic ice'
- Cheese making: Philippe and Annick welcome you to their farm where they explain and demonstrate how cheese is made.
The visit takes place every Thursday from 9h15 to 11h15. A shuttle bus is available for your transfer.
30 persons maximum.
- Tastings at tje farm : Every week, go as an accompanied group to meet local producers where they live and work; chalets and alpine pastures. They will be delighted to welcome you to let you taste their products.
- The old custom house: The former custom house where young and old can go back in time and discover the cat and mouse game that was carried on by smugglers and customs officers in the Portes du Soleil mountains before winter sports took over.
- Animations, shows and concerts: follow these on the village programme
- Without forgetting the infrastructure which includes the cinema, library, ten pin bowling, discotheque, restaurants, and bars will all welcome you for those happy shared moments.